Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Is Over...Let's Welcome 2009!!!

What’s up all! Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays…2009 is just hours aways. Wow…We made it along the way to being here and living in this day in age. I’m 34 years old and to me I still feel like I was 16 yrs old…lol. Music has changed so much thru the years I experienced so many styles of electronic dance since 1986 the year I wanted to become deejay. Now there is so many categories of dance, from House, Progressive, Minimal, Techno, Tech-House, Electro, Hard Dance…Why so many names? To me it’s all one. I know most of you here just like the old school stuff and won’t bother to listen to the new stuff being put out today. Now Record Stores don’t exist and hunting for good tunes is just being at home clicking away with your mouse on the computer surfing the net. And there are just too many songs to listen to on the net and 98% of the stuff is junk. It’s not like it was in 1989 almost every record you saw at a record shop were good and exciting to listen to. Now there’s too many garbage electronic dance music producers putting out mp3s and a lot of it is boring. But everything is like a cycle so hopefully we will start to get excited with music like it was in the late 80’s. Well 2008 was a good year for me for one opening this blog and meeting new people that have the love for music like I do. Another good thing for me in 2008 is for having a good woman in my life we’re going on 3 years now in a serious relationship and she’s been a very wonderful person in my life. In 2008 there also were a few death close to me and my family one my uncle from Puerto Rico was found murdered in someone apartment investigators still don’t know the cause of it I at least got to see him alive this past summer, he will be missed, also my step daughters boyfriend was murdered this summer which was very sad also may they both rest in peace. Now it’s 2009 time for changes and a fresh start! These are my plans for 2009-

1. Going to fill out my divorce papers from my previous marriage this gotta get done in January!
2. Find A Bigger Apartment for me and my Family.
3. Plan the Vinylvault Party For later in 2009.
4. I’m planning a new series of Mix Cds going to be for Techno Music of 2009.
5. Hopefully get more Deejay Gigs spinning House music, Techno, & Old School.
6. Continuing with Vinylvault and making it better for 2009.

Hope that everyone has goals for 2009 and that you leave the past as it is and don’t bring it on to the new year. Party Safely tonight…---12inchjunkie

9 comments:

DJ TNUTS said...

AMEN! Let 2009 progress the electronic music theme that this earth needs! I'll be back from Iraq in October so i'll have some cash built up for a new Pioneer based DJ system for a nice SETUP.

Anonymous said...

Im here to help the vv fam anyway i can and all those goals you have will come through

12InchJunkie said...

DJ Tnuts! Thank u for fighting for our country and may God bring u home soon brutha...

12InchJunkie said...

Summonedknight like always keep up the good work and support you do for the blog.

12InchJunkie said...

Rob, like always u brought the heat to vinylvault in 2008 and u helped built this blog to what it is today, without u this would have not been possible. Thru the ups and downs we can make the blog stronger for 2009! Thanks So Much! Let's do it for 2009!

Anonymous said...

without getting to mellowdramatic,lol thank you rob and junkie for allowing me to help with the blog. will do my best for all that is involved. dj tnuts thanks for the service you provide for this country and home safe so you can burn of the plates

M/\RC said...

First off, here's to a better new year. New president. New outlook. Peace and love to everyone here and shouts to our troops stationed all around the globe. I wish you all the best and believe me I wish I can snap my fingers and bring y'all home. Rob, 12 if help with the V V is still needed Holler anytime. Wish nothing but the best to all here and all around. Few hours left. Be safe. Regards, MC.

12InchJunkie said...

MastrChief07! If anyone was to get an award for most comment on our blog for 2008 It would be you...Every comment of yours was fun to read. Hope that in 2009 you continue to be with us.

M/\RC said...

Thanks 12inchjunkie. I appreciate that. But I appreciate more the job you and Rob has done so far with the blog and info of the songs posted. Really cool. Here's to the fresh start of '09!!