Saturday, May 30, 2009

State Of Grace - Hello





What's up!! Hope you all enjoyed this picture perfect day. Had a lot to do today. Positive things. Wifey participated in the half marathon in Brooklyn. Everything worked so well. The weather, the drive and I was overjoyed with emotion when she crossed the finish line. Walked around the Coney Island board walk and enjoyed this great weather. Topped it off with lunch at the Malecon in Manhattan. (A spanish restaurant with big portions which I recommend but the service could use a tune up, know what I mean?) Also, it's good to be back up online and surfing. My PC was down for a while. I did an upgrade to it but the issues have been corrected and glad that's over, lol!
Anyway, thought I'd finally, finally throw this single up. As many of us know my deal with finding this single for a very long time. 14 years and change to be exact. I once heard this way back when mixed cassettes were the bomb and the rage. That tapes ribbon broke and on the tape tracking list it only had "Hello" as the title with no other info of an artist. So from there was the start of looking for this track until recently I renewed the search after a youtube video had the song from a drag queen show from a club. Don't ask me how I came across it, lol. I think it was when I searched for the title of the track and started clicking videos and whattaya know! Also, that version that's on the video is similar to "The Quest" on side B. You won't find this promo 12" outside of Vinyl Vault. Unless you ebay it, etc. Like I did, lol.
Last I checked "State Of Grace" goes by a different group name. I don't know how many of the original members are still in the group. But here's a little about them that I got:


British dance-pop outfit, State of Grace was formed in the early '90s by classically trained vocalist Sarah Simmonds and guitarist Paul Arnall. The group debuted in England with a string of danceable singles that were largely reminiscent of the Cocteau Twins' dreamy, melodic pop. The first of these singles, "Camden," appeared in 1992, and was followed by "Love Pain and Passion" and "Miss You," all of which were later included on a compilation of singles and rarities titled Pacific Motion. In 1993, they released the Hello EP, to moderate critical response. By the mid-'90s, they struggled to keep up with the changes in the U.K.'s dance community and strayed from their club roots with Jamboreepop, which was issued on RCA in 1996. With Jamboreepop, State of Grace tried to accentuate the pop elements of their former work without as much of the dance elements that dominated their earlier music. By and large, this effort failed and the standout singles on Jamboreepop were songs that retread familiar territory, like the eight-minute remix of their 1992 single "Carmen." Though considered by some as a standout amongst British dance-pop, the record was seldom noticed outside of the club circuit. Everyone Else's Universe followed on 3rd StoneZ in 1997. ~ Nate Cavalieri, All Music Guide

By the way, I noticed that the "Love Brigade" reads that it's 11:40. But it's really about 7:56 give or take. So it must've been an error in printing. Enjoy! ~MastrChief07

Tracklist:
A1 Hello (Exodus) (11:40)
A2 Hello (Dramapella) (3:06)
B1 Hello (Love Brigade) (11:40)
B2 Hello (The Quest) (6:30)

**Bonus version not on vinyl:
Hello (George Morel Dub) (7:17)


Password Protected Download..
Download Right Here

2 comments:

GGNYC said...

Thanks Mastrchief! At last the most fetched song finally lands here. Excellent post! This chicks voice is simply dreamy. Love the Hello - Exodus track.

M/\RC said...

Your welcome GGNYC. Thanks for the response. I had to rip it twice! Lol, and couldn't be easy to find let alone to rip! I know there's another 2 vinyls for this track at least as well. I agree her voice is nice and silky, lol.